The Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F IR Range Sensor – 20 cm to 150 cm takes a continuous distance reading and reports the distance as an analog voltage with a distance range of 20cm (~8″) to 150cm (~60″).
It is a distance measuring sensor unit, composed of an integrated combination of PSD (position sensitive detector) , IRED (infrared emitting diode) and signal processing circuit. The variety of the reflectivity of the object, the environmental temperature and the operating duration are not influenced easily to the distance detection because of adopting the triangulation method. This device outputs the voltage corresponding to the detection distance. So this sensor can also be used as a proximity sensor.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 33 mA
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 2.05 V (typical)
- Update period: 38 ± 10 ms